PeopleSoft Integration Broker is a middleware technology that:
- Performs asynchronous and synchronous messaging among internal systems and third-party systems.
- Exposes PeopleSoft business logic as web services to other PeopleSoft and third-party systems.
- Consumes and invokes web services from third-party and PeopleSoft systems.
Read Details and Examples
The two major components of PeopleSoft Integration Broker are:
- Integration Gateway
- Integration Engine
The integration gateway is used to receive and send messages among integration participant systems.
- The integration engine is a combination of PeopleSoft Application Designer definitions, PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture definitions, PeopleCode, and XSLT code, along with the underlying mechanisms that tie all these elements together.
- The underlying mechanisms include the request handlers that process both inbound and outbound messages according to the specifications in the development and administrative elements.
- The integration engine resides on the PeopleSoft application server.
Integration components that reside on the integration engine and the types of processing it performs.
Creating Web Service
- Component Interface Based
- App Package Based (I recommend this approach because its fast ,reliable, robust, easy to manage requirement)
Steps for setup Integration Broker and create WebService
- Integration gateway definition, Pub/ Sub Service at Application Server
- Node definition to which the messages will be delivered
- Message definition for each type of transaction
- Integration PeopleCode
- Service definition
- Service operation definition
- Routing definition
- Provide WSDL